To become an accredited certifier in NSW, you must apply to the Building Professionals Board.
Your application must include all required information and supporting documents to be accepted and processed as quickly as possible. Some documents must be notified by a solicitor or Justice of the Peace.
Click on a link below to find the right form for you:
- E1 (swimming pool) accreditation
- Mutual recognition (transfer accreditation from another State)
- Change an existing category of accreditation
- New individual application – categories A-D
- Evidence checklists – B, C and D applications
- Renewing if your accreditation expired less than three months ago (clause 13.2A renewal)
- Corporate accreditation
If you are accredited as a certifier in another State/Territory, you can apply for accreditation in NSW under the Mutual Recognition Act 1992. To do this:
- complete the mutual recognition form (PDF | 115.1K)
- pay an accreditation fee.
Remember that while most states accredit private building surveyors, in NSW 'building surveyor' simply refers to a subset of the many different categories of certifiers.
To change your existing category of accreditation, complete a new application for the category you wish to add, and/or in relation to conditions you want to have removed/ varied.
Read more about renewing or changing accreditation.
Accreditation application form (PDF | 168.1K) - submit this form together with the following items as needed:
- Referee's statement template (PDF | 66.5K) - all applicants, attach statements from three referees
- Resume template (PDF | 63.1K) - applicants who don't have a recognised registration listed in the accreditation scheme
- Comparative analysis report (PDF | 62.6K) - applicants who don't have a qualification listed in schedule 3 of the accreditation scheme
- Performance criteria report (PDF | 62.8K) - all B1 and D1 applicants, and certain applicants in A and C categories
- Evidence checklist - B, C and D categories (see below)
For all B, C and D category applications, you must also complete and attach the relevant evidence checklist to your application:
- Application for certifiers whose accreditation expired less than three months ago (PDF | 101.6K) - refer to the Accreditation Scheme clause 13.2A
- Application form - corporate accreditation (PDF | 116K)
Application - category E1 (swimming pool certification)
- Applying for category E1 - swimming pool certification