Checklists and forms

The Building Professionals Board provides a range of checklists and templates to assist certifiers and councils. Please note, we no longer provide forms for development certificates/CDCs.

Accreditation applications, renewals and transfers from another State

For individual certifiers, council certifiers and accredited bodies corporate:

If you’re accredited as a certifier in another State/Territory, you can apply for accreditation in NSW under the Mutual Recognition Act 1992. The applying for accreditation page provides an application form and more information.

For E1 (swimming pool certifier) accreditation, download application forms for category E1 accreditation.

Notice of PCA appointment to send to council
Other (notice of intention; council employment; PCA; conflicts of interest; voluntary suspension)

Important note: Due to recent changes to the EP&A Act, some forms refer to section/clause numbers that are changing. This reference guide shows the old and new numbers side by side.

Complying development resources

The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment publishes resources to help certifiers assess complying development applications, including template letters for neighbour notification.

These don't replace the need for certifiers to refer to and understand State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008.

Instructions for CERTIFIERS:

  • Give the following instructions to your insurance provider so that your certificate of currency has ALL the required details AND is issued on the insurance company letterhead.
  • Send your certificate of currency to the Board. We must receive it at least seven days before your insurance is due to expire.
  • Do not prepare the certificate yourself - it must be issued by your insurance provider.


Issue a certificate of currency on the insurance company letterhead. The certificate MUST have ALL the following details:

  • Insurance company name
  • Confirmation that the insurance is professional indemnity insurance and covers statutory liability for accredited certifiers (see note below)
  • Policy number
  • Name of the insured
  • Whether the policy is for an individual, partnership, or company
  • Policy start and end dates
  • Retroactive date
  • Limit of indemnity and whether it is inclusive/ exclusive of relevant expenses in respect of any one claim; AND in respect of all claims made in any one year (see note below)
  • The professions that the policy covers
  • Confirmation that the insurance has been issued

Note: the Building Professionals Regulation 2007 defines statutory liability for accredited certifiers in clause 9 and relevant expenses in clause 14(5)(c).

Written contracts for certification work