All accredited certifiers in NSW must renew their accreditation each year with the Building Professionals Board.
Your renewal form must be complete and you must attach all required supporting documents (such as a statutory declaration).
If the Board receives your form before your accreditation expires, your accreditation will continue even if your form is still being processed by the expiry date. If you try to renew after your accreditation expires, your form won't be accepted and you will have to apply as a new applicant.
Renewing accreditation for council certifiers
You are a council accredited certifier if your certificate of accreditation has the word 'council' in the heading and a condition that you may only carry out certification work on behalf of a council.
Councils can save $50 (20% of the accreditation fee per certifier) by submitting the renewal form at least four months before a council-accredited certifier's accreditation is due to expire.
Council accreditation is not affected by local government mergers.
Renewing accreditation for individual (private) certifiers
Complete a standard renewal if you are an individual certifier whose certificate of accreditation does not have the word 'council' in the heading (whether or not you work for a council).
For a standard renewal you need:
- to complete a renewal of private accreditation form (PDF | 129.3K)
- to provide a certificate of currency for your professional indemnity insurance
- to prove that you have completed mandatory continuing professional development
- a witnessed copy of your driver's licence (front and back) to show your current address
- to pay the renewal fee.
To add or change a category of accreditation, or change the conditions of your accreditation, you need:
- to complete a renewal of accreditation form (PDF | 129.3K)
- to complete a new application for the category you wish to add, and/or the conditions you want removed or varied.
Renewal for E1 swimming pool certifiers
- Renewal form for E1 accreditation (PDF | 127.7K)
Renewing accreditation for bodies corporate
Bodies corporate must submit a renewal of accreditation form (PDF | 96.2K) each year.