In October 2015, the Building Professionals Board introduced a CPD course in complying development.
All A1-A3 certifiers (council and non-council) must successfully complete the course within 12 months of renewing their certificate of accreditation.
Participants will study:
- best practice in complying development certification
- research skills to identify and interpret relevant sections of the State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008
- evidence-based decision making processes for the issue of complying development certificates, including documenting the decision
- policies and procedures for issuing complying development certificates
- certifiers’ code of conduct requirements.
The Board has only approved of the course being provided by two training organisations: