25 Feb 2016
Certifiers must ensure that appropriate payment of any required long service levy has been made before a construction certificate (CC) or complying development certificate (CDC) is issued to the applicant.
The levy must be either paid in full or, if it is payable by instalments, the first instalment must be paid.
- Obtain a copy of the levy receipt. It’s not acceptable to just rely on the applicant’s assurance that payment was made.
- Check that the levy amount has been properly calculated by referring to the estimated cost of development in the CC/ CDC application.
- Long Service Corporation: building and construction industry
- Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 – refer to section 85A(10A) and s.109F(1)(b)
- Building and Construction Industry Long Services Payments Act 1986 – refer to section 34